COMING SOON: NUDE VLOGGING

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Shouting Shorelines: Issue I

It's been a while since I've posted anything, but I'm too busy getting the great American education that we all strive for. I wish I had some nudes or some bands for you, but all I've got is the incredibly well made debut issue of Shouting Shorelines, a new zine from Long Island, NY. It's really blowing my mind that this was produced straight out of the dry monotonous suburbs that I'm living and breathing in. The art is fantastic, the writing is great, and the layout is pretty sick. So I'm going to cut into the middle of my writing because in the drafting of this post, I've written what is probably pages, removed it and tried to shorten it, but just ended up writing more theoretical shit on grassroots organization and how it could really foster a community in a place when creativity and expression is almost non-existent. So here we go, I tried once again to write about the zine and I've failed. So instead, just read one of the very last pieces called Long Island Radical History in Context. It's insanely well written and pretty much fueled the word vomit I was experiencing prior to it's removal from this post. It's brilliant and beautiful and in my position as a young Long Islander, I lacked any knowledge of this experience. You should read it and become enlightened by the invisible history of our suburbs. Fucking brilliant. Too emotional right now.

1 comment:

  1. You didn't fail bb!! I want to read the zine so badly now!

    ReplyDelete

ARCHIVES