COMING SOON: NUDE VLOGGING

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Crate and Barrel Kitchen

My adventures in the realm of Strong Island DIY has been a slow and dry one, but recently some folks from a band called Rations organized a show at a local Hall for Veterans of War. The vibes were super chill and spirits were high while we all experienced punk with Long Island angst in a place where you'd never really expect it. Old photos of soldiers decorated walls with cards strung that children made from construction paper reading "thank you" like a colorful crown molding of American pride. There was also a record exchange of some sort that I had ignored, probably because I'm too broke. Here's a video of a band called Sister Kisser. I've heard of them before and I think I might've even seen them a while back, but they definitely left a mark after Saturday night. Super high energy and jams that bleed Long Island style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARCHIVES