COMING SOON: NUDE VLOGGING

Sunday, September 19, 2010

M.I.A.

This weekend I stole my friends ID and headed over to Bruar Falls in a fit of pure excitement to see the one and only UV Race along with San Fran bro squad, Wild Thing. Well, this show didn't actually exist! Honey Dos and Toothaches were playing which was pretty awesome, but not my bros UV Race! The chick working the door suggested I make my way across the street to see if it was happening there, but still no sign of these beautiful Australians. I dialed the police from my cellular device and had them surfing the world wide web on a site called myspace to find the true location of the would be amazing show. It was almost 11:30 and I was more upset than you could ever imagine. With the help of the NYPD, I continued my journey to a place called Acheron near Shea Stadium which apparently used to be Bushwick Music Studios. It was kind of a terrible strange place infested with St. Marks punks instead of hipsters and terrible terrible sound. During the first act, I remember someone saying, "this place is kind of small; it's like standing in a hallway." Cleveland's finest band in existence lit up the stage for the opening performance which was already running pretty late and in addition to their late entrance, they took an hour to tune. Okay maybe more like 20 minutes. Have you ever been to a hardcore show? This was probably the weirdest one I've been to. Well, this dude literally walked on top of one of the only people within 5 feet of the stage and they both came tumbling down onto the empty space in front of the stage which was followed by the tossing of traffic cones, skate boards, and lots of spiritual rape. One dude was scolded by the sound guy for being spiritually raped against the thin walls, which could've potentially taken the wall down. The vocalist wore the traffic cone on his head for a while and then tossed it at some of the audience members who then repeatedly threw it against another wall. A kid in the audience threw the traffic cone at the guitarist and in his angry vengeance, a skateboard from the stage was thrown at the kid. The set ended when a few angry dudes who ran the place violently threatened the band and some spiritual rape victims which was then followed by the vocalist making a royal exit by dropping the mic on the concrete floor after his ten minute set. He came back and forced his band to continue playing and was blowing at his harmonica in a fit of fury. It was probably the most interesting set I have seen in my entire long life of living. It was really strange. A really strange place with a really strange crowd and it was like Munchkin Land with acid induced spiritual rape and flying traffic cones. Wild Thing was less interesting, but super impressive. They were more entertaining than I thought they would be and they sounded decent despite the shitty sound. I've been listening to Age Difference & Can't Stand It everyday for the last month through their myspace and they're probably one of my favorite bands at the moment. I'll definitely be checking them out at Dead Herring next month with Home Blitz. You should, too. Total Control was great, but I'm sick of writing, especially since I don't really like writing. Check out these videos of UV Race and Wild Thing. The sound is shit and I really don't like how they came out, but you should still watch them because UV Race and Wild Thing are da bombest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ARCHIVES