COMING SOON: NUDE VLOGGING

Monday, August 23, 2010

IRON MAIDEN

About a week ago I ventured into Academy with absolutely no cash and I was about to buy a pretty expensive 7" from Dan Melchior so I can use my debit card to buy the new cassette from The Beets' one and only Juan Wauters. I originally thought it was straight up The Beets and had no idea there were actually two different tapes. I came back a week later with some cash money and picked up This Is Uruguay Radio mostly because the description at the bottom said the songs were about people to avoid when you're tripping on acid. The songs generally aren't about that, but they're mostly fuzzy, warm, acoustic jamz. The tape opens up with a special radio program on Uruguay Radio featuring a track from the new Usher album, Raymond v. Raymond v. Juan Wauters. My favorite jam so far is the third track on the A side, Your Name is On My Bones. It's such a perfect jam with the catchiest melodies. On the B Side of the tape you can also check out a kind of stripped down version of Happy But On My Way, which is probably one of the first Beets' jamz I ever got into. I really like the way the songs were recorded on this where the base line gets a lot of emphasis throughout the tape, especially on Happy But On My Way. I think initially I wasn't too crazy about the way Spit On The Face of People Who Don't Want to be Cool was mixed with vocals that drowned with the fuzz of instrumentals, but I really really love this tape. I'm actually so stoked and excited about it that I took it out of my car and I think I'm gonna sleep with it every night for the next month or two. I never did that or even thought about that with anything else from this year. This Is Uruguay Radio is definitely on the top of my favorite things from 2010 although everything on it was mostly recorded about two years ago!

BUY THIS NOW!

PS. Not a real blogger. I don't write. So in lieu of this, I should post more of my sweet nudes to redeem myself from writing more than a sentence. Check out my new sheer gown.
I like the Beets and pro-wrestling. Let's fuck.

2 comments:

ARCHIVES